RIYADH: A Saudi citizen has been killed in the terrorist attack on two mosques in New Zealand’s Christchurch.
The family of Mohsin Al-Mozaini said that he died in the terrorist attack on Friday, Al Arabiya reported.
Earlier, Saudi Arabia’s embassy in New Zealand said that two Saudi citizens had been injured in the attack.
The embassy said in a post on its Twitter account that “it expresses its regret and sorrow at the painful terrorist attacks that took place today in the city of Christchurch, and extends its condolences to the families of those who were killed.” It also wished a speedy recovery for the injured.
The embassy added that staff will visit the injured in hospital and offer to help them. The embassy is also in touch with New Zealand’s authorities regarding the latest developments in their condition.
At least 49 killed as gunman livestreams New Zealand mosque ‘terrorist attacks’World reacts at New Zealand terrorist attacks on mosque