Former Bahraini Minister Mohammad Ali Fakhro criticised the Arab world’s normalisation with Israel, blaming these ties for Tel Aviv’s continuous targeting of Palestinians, Arabi21 reported yesterday.
Speaking to the news site, Fakhro said: “The Israeli occupation continues its efforts to get rid of the Palestinians in the remaining parts of their occupied land,” stating that Israel occupied 85 per cent of the historical Palestine, leaving “only 15 per cent for 14 million Palestinians.”
“In return, Israel is met with full political support from the American administration of Donald Trump, who is the most enthusiastic to end the Palestinian existence.”
Fakhro blamed the American and official Arabic positions for supporting the “Zionist” Israeli occupation in its endeavour to eradicate the Palestinian cause.
“There is a large and complicated conspiracy aimed at getting rid of the Palestinian cause,” he said, stressing that all the “justifications” given for the normalisation “originally aimed to liquidate the Palestinian cause.”
He criticised the intensive Arabic contacts and mutual visits with the Israeli officials and blamed the internal Palestinian disputes, stating they pave the way for Arab-Israeli normalisation.